Thursday 5 November 2009

PATTERN ALTERATIONS

After analysing and defining the geometry and symmetry of the hexagon pattern I started to explore the pattern through five alterations. I defined five rules where the pattern is following in order to create new homogeneous and heterogeneous patterns based on geometry. The main rule is the pattern, the hexagon complexity, to follow the grid. All my interventions are based on the grid, axis x and y are distorted and manipulated in order to explore the shapes of an hexagon.

Alteration I
The geometrical grid is manipulated, all the lines on the axis y are distorted by keeping straight lines towards different directions. On the right of the above diagram is the result, shows how the pattern changed and how different is its geometry.


Alteration II
Having as a starting point the previous pattern, I explored the pattern by changing again the axis y. The axis y is manipulated differently and the lines are curved.
Alteration III
The pattern is explored again through the alterations of axis y. The lines are changing and the pattern is creating complicated shapes.
Alteration IV
In this pattern I started to combine the changes of the Alteration I on axis y with the axis x. The axis x is changed, they are straight lines but facing different directions.

Alteration V
Based on the previous pattern, I explore this pattern more by making the lines of axis x and y more curved.

No comments:

Post a Comment