Thursday 5 November 2009

PATTERN ALTERATIONS PART II

After my previous alterations on the hexagon complexity patterns and the manipulations on the basic grid in five ways by giving five different surfaces, I wanted to explore new rules in order to give the sense of 3D. My starting point was the last manipulation, alteration V, where I noticed that the distorted grid and thereafter the hexagons are look like a perspective drawing, giving the sense of a 3D model.

In order to finalise the alteration of the hexagon pattern and to start explore it as a model, I wanted to make the 2D drawing of the pattern to look like more like a 3D.
By following the distorted grid, I drew lines in the interior shapes that have been created between the hexagons in order to highlight the depth and the height of the elements. The pattern stops being a surface and starts to give the sense of scale and space.

No comments:

Post a Comment